Algeria
Const/Govt Edu/Child Society/Comm Expression

As declared in the constitution, Algeria is a Sunni Islamic State. The Constitution bans non-Muslims from holding high-level government positions. Non-religious groups meet in secret to avoid state persecution and social approbation. Those who “renounce” Islam may be imprisoned, fined, or co-erced to re-convert. Algeria is a member of the […]

Read More

Egypt
Const/Govt Edu/Child Society/Comm Expression

A nation of 100 million people, an estimated 90% of whom follow Sunni Islam,1https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/eg.html Egypt is a member of the League of Arab States (LAS), as well as the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). During the Arab Spring protests in 2011, long-time President Hosni Mubarak resigned and was later replaced […]

Read More

Libya
Const/Govt Edu/Child Society/Comm Expression

Libya is a North African country of an estimated 6.9 million inhabitants, of which 90-95% are Sunni Muslims.1https://www.state.gov/reports/2019-report-on-international-religious-freedom/libya/ The Amazigh ethnic minority counts some Ibadi Muslims and there are small Christian communities among sub-Saharan African and Egyptian migrants. Libya is the fourth largest African country by area and holds the […]

Read More

Morocco
Const/Govt Edu/Child Society/Comm Expression

Morocco, officially the Kingdom of Morocco, is a country with over 33 million inhabitants, of which 99% are identified as Sunni Muslims, with a small number of Christians, Jews, Shiites, and Baha’is. Judaism is privileged over other religious minorities. Morocco is separated by only 14 km from its northern neighbour, […]

Read More

Sudan
Const/Govt Edu/Child Society/Comm Expression

Sudan, an Arab republic in which the predominant religion is Islam, has long suffered from severe ethnic strife and has been plagued by internal conflict. Sudan’s long civil war has given the country a poor human rights record, and has led to large numbers of internal displacements within the country. Approximately […]

Read More

Tunisia
Const/Govt Edu/Child Society/Comm Expression

Tunisia has a population of 11.8 Million, of which approximately 99% are Sunni Muslims. The remaining 1% comprises of small Christian, Jewish, Shiite and Baha’i communities. In 2011, Tunisia set in motion the transnational pro-democracy uprising known as the ‘Arab Spring’ when a young vegetable vendor, Mohamed Bouazizi, set himself […]

Read More
whois: Andy White WordPress Theme Developer London